Tme·sip·ter·is | \ mə̇ˈsiptərə̇s\
Definition of Tmesipteris
: a genus of epiphytic Australasian fern allies related to Psilotum and characterized by conspicuous vertical leaves and boat-shaped 2-celled synangia
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game