Tlas·ca·la | \ tläˈskälə\
variants: or less commonly Tlascalan \ -lən \
plural Tlascala or Tlascalas also Tlascalan or Tlascalans
Definition of Tlascala
1 : a Nahuatl people of the state of Tlaxcala, Mexico
2 : a member of the Tlascala people
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game