Definition of Tiraspol
city on the Dniester River in southeastern Moldova population 158,000
Note: Tiraspol served as capital of the Moldavian Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic until 1940.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game