Tin·tin·ni·dae | \ tin‧ˈtinəˌdē\
Definition of Tintinnidae
: a large family that comprises loricate oligotrichous typically pelagic ciliates widely distributed in the seas and occasionally found in fresh and brackish water and sometimes made coextensive with a suborder or other major division of Spirotricha
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game