Definition of Tikrīt
town on the west bank of the Tigris River in north central Iraq
Note: Tikrīt was the birthplace of the Muslim sultan Saladin in 1137 or 1138 and of former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein in 1937.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game