Thy·iad | \ ˈthīˌ(y)ad, -(y)əd\
plural Thyiads\ -dz \ or Thyiades\ ˈthī(y)əˌdēz , thīˈīəˌd- \
Definition of Thyiad
: a member of a group of ancient Greek women devoted to the orgiastic worship of Dionysus especially as practiced on Mount Parnassus
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game