Tho·mis·i·dae | \ thōˈmisəˌdē\
Definition of Thomisidae
: a widely distributed family of spiders that spin no webs, usually have the first two pairs of legs much longer than the last two pairs, and comprise the crab spiders
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game