Thio·thrix | \ ˈthīəˌthriks\
Definition of Thiothrix
: a genus of bacteria (family Beggiatoaceae) consisting of nonmotile ensheathed attached filaments differentiated into a base and a tip
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game