Thio·bacteriales | \ "+\
Definition of Thiobacteriales
in some classifications
: an order of bacteria of various shapes usually containing either sulfur granules or bacteriopurpurin or both, usually thriving best in the presence of hydrogen sulfide, and comprising the families Achromatiaceae, Beggiatoaceae, and Rhodobacteriaceae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?