Definition of Texas catclaw
: a tall shrub or small to large tree (Acacia wrightii) with many short spines and dense foliage that yields firewood and is a locally important honey plant in parts of the southwestern U.S.
— called also tree cat's-claw
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game