Tet·ra·on·i·dae | \ ˌte‧trəˈänəˌdē \
Definition of Tetraonidae
: a variously limited family of birds (order Galliformes) that is usually restricted to those grouses which have the tarsi and nostrils feathered
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game