Tet·ra·odon·ti·dae | \ ˌte‧trəōˈdäntəˌdē, -rēō-\
Definition of Tetraodontidae
: a family of tropical marine fishes comprising the puffer fishes and with the ocean sunfishes and a few other related forms constituting a distinct suborder of the Plectognathi
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?