Tet·ra·nych·i·dae | \ ˌte‧trəˈnikəˌdē\
Definition of Tetranychidae
: a family of medium-sized soft-bodied mites that have the movable chela of each chelicera modified into a long piercing organ, tenent hairs on the claws, and no genital suckers, that feed on plants and usually spin silken webs over the foliage, and that comprise the economically important red spiders
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?