Definition of Tennessee
1 river 652 miles (1049 kilometers) long in the eastern U.S. in Tennessee, Alabama, and Kentucky, flowing into the Ohio River
2 state in the southeast central U.S.; capital Nashville area 42,144 square miles (109,153 square kilometers), population 6,346,105
Note: The Mississippi River forms the western boundary of the state of Tennessee.
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?