Tem·no·spon·dy·li | \ ˌtemnōˈspändəˌlī\
Definition of Temnospondyli
in some classifications
: a suborder of Stegocephalia including parts of the orders Embolomeri and Rhachitomi and sometimes the Stereospondyli
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game