Tel·li·na·cea | \ ˌteləˈnāshēə \
Definition of Tellinacea
: a suborder or other division of Eulamellibranchia comprising usually rather small and bottom-dwelling mollusks with separate siphons, a large strong foot, and often brightly colored shells and including the sunset shells, surf clams, and wedge shells
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game