Tele·typesetter | \ ¦telə+\
Definition of Teletypesetter
: an apparatus for the automatic operation of a keyboard slugcasting machine consisting essentially of a separate keyboard that perforates a tape which is fed either into an attachment to the slugcasting machine or into a sender that transmits electrical impulses telegraphically to any number of reperforators with the perforated tape causing the slugcasting machine to set type by automatic operation of the keyboard —formerly a U.S. registered trademark
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game