Tel·an·thro·pus | \ təˈlan(t)thrəpəs, teˈl-; ˌteˌlanˈthrōp-\
Definition of Telanthropus
: a genus of southern African fossil hominids that is based on an incomplete lower jaw and associated teeth and is held to comprise forms intermediate in some respects between the australopithecines and true man
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game