Tar·ghee | \ ˈtär(ˌ)gē\
Definition of Targhee
1 : an American breed of sheep developed by intercrossing Lincolns and Rambouillets to produce a hardy range sheep with good mutton conformation and a heavy fleece of moderately fine wool
2 or targhee plural Targhees or targhees : a sheep of the Targhee breed
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?