Ta·na·la | \ təˈnälə\
plural Tanala or Tanalas
Definition of Tanala
: one of a forest people in southeastern Madagascar probably more directly descended from the aboriginal inhabitants than are the bulk of the island's peoples
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game