Ta·nai·na | \ təˈnīnə\
plural Tanaina or Tanainas
Definition of Tanaina
1a : an Athapaskan people of the area around Cook Inlet, southern Alaska
b : a member of such people
2 : the language of the Tanaina people
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?