Tam·a·ri·ca·ce·ae | \ ˌtamərə̇ˈkāsēˌē\
Definition of Tamaricaceae
: a family of chiefly desert and often heathlike shrubs or trees (order Parietales) widely distributed in warm regions and having narrow entire leaves and flowers with five stamens and a one-celled ovary
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game