Tae·ni·op·ter·is | \ ˌtēnēˈäptərə̇s\
Definition of Taeniopteris
: a genus of fossil ferns or cycad ferns found in Mesozoic or Late Paleozoic strata and characterized by ribbon-shaped pinnae and usually pinnately arranged veins or veinlike structures
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game