\ tēˈenˈtī, ˈtyenˈtī\
variants: or T'ien t'ai
Definition of T'ien T'ai
: a Chinese Buddhist sect founded in the 6th century a.d. that teaches a comprehensive doctrine of salvation for all based on sutras and the principle of the ultimate harmony of three levels of truth
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game