\ tēˈenˈtī, ˈtyenˈtī\
variants: or T'ien t'ai
Definition of T'ien T'ai
: a Chinese Buddhist sect founded in the 6th century a.d. that teaches a comprehensive doctrine of salvation for all based on sutras and the principle of the ultimate harmony of three levels of truth
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?