Definition of Syrah
1 : a grape whose skin has a dark blue to bluish-black color that was originally grown in the northern valley of the Rhone and is now widely grown elsewhere (as in California and Australia) also : a vine producing Syrah grapes
2 : a red wine made from Syrah grapes
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game