Syng·nath·i·dae | \ siŋˈnathəˌdē\
Definition of Syngnathidae
: a family of fishes (order Solenichthyes) having an elongate tubular snout, lacking the pelvic and first dorsal fins, and comprising the sea horse and pipefishes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?