Syngebiographical name (1)
Definition of Synge
(Entry 1 of 2)
John Millington 1871–1909 Irish poet and dramatist
Syngebiographical name (2)
Definition of Synge (Entry 2 of 2)
Richard Laurence Millington 1914–1994 British biochemist
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game