Syn·en·tog·na·thi | \ ˌsinə̇n‧ˈtägnəˌthī\
Definition of Synentognathi
: an order of fishes having spineless fins, united lower pharyngeal bones, and the lateral line forming a ridge along the lower lateral part of the body that includes the needlefishes, sauries, flying fishes, and halfbeaks
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game