Syl·vi·idae | \ silˈvīəˌdē\
Definition of Sylviidae
: a family of small 10-primaried oscine passerine birds related to the thrushes and consisting of the Old World or true warblers and the kinglets and gnatcatchers of America
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game