Definition of Suriname
1 or formerly Dutch Guiana or Netherlands Guiana country in northern South America bordering on the Atlantic between Guyana and French Guiana; capital Paramaribo area 63,251 square miles (163,820 square kilometers), population 541,638
Note: Now a republic, Suriname was until 1975 a territory of the Netherlands.
2 river in northern Suriname flowing north into the Atlantic
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?