Superior, Lakegeographical name
Definition of Superior, Lake
lake in the U.S. (Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan) and Canada (Ontario) area 31,800 square miles (82,362 square kilometers)
Note: Superior is the largest, northernmost, and westernmost of the Great Lakes.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game