plural Sunday drivers
Definition of Sunday driver
: a person who drives slowly and leisurely or overcautiously … when I have the time and really want to enjoy the view, I go the other way, the back way. I drive country roads whenever I can. You can have all that craziness on the interstate. Sure, if you want to nit-pick, I'm a Sunday driver. Darn proud of it too!— Steve Kark Highway driving is not necessarily anxiety provoking (the occasional Sunday driver notwithstanding).— Theodore Modis … running the bases with the caution of a Sunday driver caught up in the Indy 500…— Hudson Bridges
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game