Definition of Sumatra
island of western Indonesia south of the Malay Peninsula area 182,542 square miles (472,784 square kilometers)
Note: The Equator divides Sumatra into two almost equal parts.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game