Su·ku·ma | \ səˈkümə\
variants: or less commonly Suku \ -ü \
plural Sukuma or Sukumas also Suku or Sukus
Definition of Sukuma
1 : a Bantu-speaking people living south of Lake Victoria in East Africa that is the largest community of Tanganyika
2 : a member of the Sukuma people
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?