Definition of Suffolk
(Entry 1 of 2)
— called also Suffolk punch
Definition of Suffolk (Entry 2 of 2)
Note: Suffolk was formerly divided into the administrative counties of East Suffolk (whose capital was Ipswich) and West Suffolk (whose capital was Bury Saint Edmunds).
Keep scrolling for more
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game