Sub·ungulata | \ ¦səb+\
Definition of Subungulata
in some classifications
: a major division of Eutheria comprising the mammalian orders Hyracoidea, Proboscidea, and sometimes Sirenia together with a variable group of extinct forms
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game