Sturt's desert peanoun
variants: or less commonly Sturt pea
Definition of Sturt's desert pea
: a glory pea (Clianthus speciosus) that is a sprawling shrubby perennial with long villous stems and pinnate leaves, that is noted for its scarlet black-marked flowers, and that is widely distributed in dry parts of Australia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?