Stri·gol·nik | \ strə̇ˈgälnik \
plural Strigolniks\ -ks \ also Strigolniki\ -nəkē \
Definition of Strigolnik
: one of a Russian sect that broke away from the Eastern Orthodox Church in the 14th century in protest against the practice of charging fees for the administration of sacraments
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game