Straussbiographical name (1)
Definition of Strauss
(Entry 1 of 4)
David Friedrich 1808–1874 German theologian and philosopher
Straussbiographical name (2)
Definition of Strauss (Entry 2 of 4)
Johann 1804–1849 and his sons Johann Baptist 1825–1899 and Josef 1827–1870 Austrian composers
Straussbiographical name (3)
Definition of Strauss (Entry 3 of 4)
Levi 1829–1902 American (German-born) entrepreneur
Straussbiographical name (4)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game