Sto·moi·sia | \ stəˈmȯisēə\
Definition of Stomoisia
: a large genus of herbs (family Lentibulariaceae) widely distributed on wet shores and having rootlike bladder-bearing branches, minute or scalelike leaves, and racemose or solitary irregular often spurred mostly yellow flowers — compare bladderwort
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?