Stock·bridge | \ ˈstäkˌbrij\
Definition of Stockbridge
: a member of the Housatonic band of the Mahican which moved from Massachusetts in 1785 to join the Oneida in northern New York and later united with the Munsee in Wisconsin
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game