Ste·phan·i·dae | \ -ˈfanəˌdē\
Definition of Stephanidae
: a widely distributed family of slender ichneumon wasps having many-segmented filamentous antennae and including some that as larvae are parasites on wood-boring insects
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?