Steno·glos·sa | \ -lȯsə\
Definition of Stenoglossa
: a suborder of Pectinibranchia containing many common marine snails (such as the cone shells, olive shells, whelks) which have a concentrated nervous system, a radula, an unpaired esophageal gland, and usually a well-developed proboscis and including the groups Rachiglossa and Toxoglossa
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?