Ste·mo·na·ce·ae | \ ˌstēməˈnāsēˌē\
Definition of Stemonaceae
: a family of herbs (order Liliales) having regular perfect flowers with a 4-parted perianth in two series, four stamens, and a one-celled ovary
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?