Ste·fan-Boltz·mann law | \ ˈshteˌfänˈbōltsˌmän-\
Definition of Stefan-Boltzmann law
: a statement in thermal radiation: the total emissive power of an ideal black body is proportional to the fourth power of its absolute temperature
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game