Definition of Srinagar
city of India in western Kashmir on the Jhelum River north-northeast of Lahore population 1,260,500
Note: Srinagar serves as summer capital of the Indian controlled territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game