Definition of Sprengel tube
: a glass U tube with two capillary ends bent at right angles for use in determining specific gravity especially of oils and fats by weighing it first filled with the substance to be tested and then filled with water — compare pycnometer
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game