Definition of Sporades
two island groups of Greece in the Aegean Sea: the Northern Sporades (chief island Skyros, north of Euboea and east of Thessaly) and the Southern Sporades (chiefly Samos, Ikaria, and the Dodecanese, off southwestern Turkey)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?