Sphen·acanthocephala | \ ¦sfēn+\
Definition of Sphenacanthocephala
: a small order of Acanthocephala comprising a few parasites of birds that lack a true cephalic extrovert or proboscis
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game